L'Enfer





     This is my take on Georges Leroux's painting of the western front.  I have always regarded this as one of the most terrifying images I've ever seen.  I like how the central figure, although doubtless scared, is poised to go forward and accomplish his mission.  People in the future will wonder why we ran our country today the way the generals ran the first world war when the alternatives were so obvious and clear. 




Hell.  Georges Leroux.

This is three years ago where I thought I could draw.  My rendering of this fantastic painting introduced humility into my consciousness, a first for me.  I know now that I can do a much better job but why bother?
When I was a kid I always thought this a diorama.





When he was a child, he wriggled and gurgled when his mother held him, until he fell asleep as she dreamed of what he would become.




The British army offered a generous leave to any gun crew that could obliterate this.




Der Zauberberg.




Verdun.
 
How the fuck could this have happened?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Sides Of The Same Coin

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?