A Lucky Child




     I spent my summers at various YMCA and Boy Scouts camp.  I admired and listened to every counselor and adult that I came in contact with.  We usually stayed in tents with wooden floors, and to this day the smell of treated canvas rockets me back all those years.  I took it for granted that those older guys were concerned about me and wanted to teach me things I needed to know.  I wanted to grow up so I could be as cool as they were.
     I did not realize that I was growing up in the last days of a collapsing society.  My values now were my values then.  I believe in treating every single person on the square, rewarding achievement
and punishing bad behavior.  I believe it is the duty of the single male to put his life second to the young or helpless.  I care more about reading than anything else in my life, family excepted.  I love the outside, it sure is a shame that where I live is so damn hot during the day.  This is the Cri de Coeur for today.  Abayo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin