The Cold Light Of Dawn


     In my dream last night, I was taken to a clifftop and shown the entire world, bright blue and dazzling in it's beauty.  My guide would only identify himself as a light bringer.  If only I would just bow to him then I could be master of all I saw.  I kept asking him his name but he refused to tell me and finally told me that he was an adversary.
     "After all, in a game you must have an adversary to play, yes?"  But this made me nervous and I decided that anyone who would offer so much to someone like me must have unlimited resources.  That would mean that giving, whatever, to me meant that it was nothing to them.  Nothing.  That is what such an offer would be and I refused.  He snarled and pushed me off the cliff and, terrified, I woke up.
     Just because I know what I am worth does not mean that I have no pride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin