A Brush With Fame


In 1982, my wife and I went to a massive Halloween party at a warehouse in Deep Ellum. She was wearing just the cutest outfit, a tuxedo that I had bought her with cat makeup, and skin tight black hose showing off her incredible ass.  Whenever I went out with her in those days I had to keep an eye on the other men in any venue, everyone wanted to fuck this hot little thing and this was not allowed.  I had painted her face white with faux whiskers drawn on with marks o lot.  She was a real piece.  My costume was a camouflage blouse  with a Luftshutz  helmet, Marine dress blue trousers with red stripe, police belt, Iron Cross 2cnd class, riding boots, and binoculars with leather gloves.  We were all jacked on speed and pot and this was the best party I have ever been to, before or since.  We watched this band perform and the guy on the right in the above pic was the lead singer.  I remember that he was "singing" about his girlfriends breath smelling like "seven pounds of penises" and what an awesome show they put on.  There was a contest for the best Nazi costume and about 40 of us participated.  I forget who won but he definitely was not as good as me.  Later, while coming on to the fresh blotter acid I took, I found myself talking to the afore mentioned singer. His name was Bobby Soxx and I have never forgotten this encounter.  This was the height of my young rock and roll life and I wish that I had done more of it.  But my neurotic personality and lack of money doomed this from the start.  Later, while working at Gravely Doors making stained glass windows, a guy I worked with, Jimmy Joe Jackson, told me that while he was going to Nark-Anon him and Mr. Peppermint's son would sit out in the parking lot and do (dope).  I had no idea who he was talking about at the time, but Dallas was balls to the wall and nothing surprised me.  This was the happiest time of my life.



R.I.P. Bobby Soxx, A.D. 2000.  You really made that party for me.





I used to run home to see this guy.  But-  He was no Iggy Twerp!




Slam Bang Theater, Motherfuckers!
 

Sometime the apple falls very far from the tree indeed. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin