Frank Hits A Home Run!



Probably the most widely known fantasy artist in the United States, and maybe the world, Frank Fazetta started paid comic art at age 15.  The following was drawn by him when he was doing funny animal art for Standard Comics.  It came out July 1st, 1949.  Frank was 21 years old.


Happy Comics, I don't know who did the cover.


At this stage he signed his work 'Fritz'.


I have spent the last seven years trying to draw cartoon rabbits.


At his age I was the dumbest guy like, ever.  I even thought I was going to be an artist.


Had I managed to wangle a job doing anything around the comic industry I would have dropped out of whatever school I was in.


Superior talent.


21 years old.  And, -  he kept going.


By "kept going" I meant his sci/fi fantasy work, which holds it's own even against someone like Wally Wood.


Famous Funnies # 214.  Famous Funnies was the first comic book as such.  November, 1954.  Frank was 26.


 Frank with Sondra Locke and some guy.


Queen Kong. Cover art for Eerie #81, Feb. 1977.  We started light and we will end that way.


Frank Frazetta, 2/9/28 - 5/10/10
Frank never died...


...he is just asleep until we need him again.


You can't have too many heroes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin