Sands Of The Kalahari


 The ending from one of my favorite books.  Here O'Brien, the super survivor, takes out the head baboon and becomes the top predator in a valley with water.  He has a rifle but saves using it for emergencies, he makes a wrench work just dandy.  Presented in BunnyVision©.  I have done this before but I'm not happy with it.

 
Sands Of The Kalhari, William Mulvihill. 

My favorite of all my pictures in spite of the many flaws.  This is the book ending of Sands of the Kalahari, which I saw as a young teen.  This is just the sort of thing that turned me into a hopeless romantic as far as adventure is concerned.  Here Billy is sexy and dangerous, having killed the alpha baboon that he shares the valley with.  I drew the tail far too large, I liked the sweep of the lines.  People on FurAffinity said my rabbit looked more like a horse, speaking of driving people into the desert to die of thirst at gunpoint.  The movie has a different ending but is still dynamite action.  My bunny is now the top predator in a very isolated eco-system.  This story is about survival above all.  But why take a rabbit's word for it?

 

 Without a great villain there is no story.  Stuart Whitman was never better.  Originally this had George Peppard in the role, but he went off to film The Blue Max.  Then it was Richard Burton, but he threw away the role to take one in The Night of the Iguana, thereby cementing his record of turning down good films for bad ones.  
 

This is one hell of a good movie.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin