A Progress, With Lagniappe!







1982.  I don't remember this bit of anthro but I do remember my cat, Gulliver Foyle.  Gully was black but he would have been the model for this.  The early eighties were the best years of my life.  I was happy.





This is my take on the Henry Wallis master work, The Death of Thomas Chatterton.  This is from my one drawing class at a Dallas Junior College in 1982.  My original drawing has more subtlety with the shading and tones, but this is a camera phone pic.  This is about 2' by 18".  





Tate Gallery version.  Completed in 1856.  The model was the young George Meredith.  This whole story and painting is a hotbed of pre-Raphaelite high jinks.





George Meredith, the youngest picture of him I can find.  Famous now for a poem about adultery, Modern Love.  However, he really shines as a dead poet!





And, speaking of one shot wonder poets as young men, this is about 2001. This is a theater headshot I had done after I wowed Austin with my portrayal of Sgt. Krupke in the annual summer musical at Zilker Park.  But I turned my back on such tinseled frippery, preferring the reflective life of a dirt poor hard drinking eccentric on the banks of the Colorado.
Ha Ha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin