Snapshot From My Fave Rotted Seawall (A Time Worm Cross Section)






I have just watched 5 back to back episodes of "Justified", and am currently more than a little moody.  I have been in this seaside village for a year, almost, and feel life slipping away like a man climbing the rapidly pouring sand in an hourglass, some 55 minutes gone.
Time, while real enough, is experienced in an illusory manner.  Even as I type this my every action is in the past.  There is no "now", all perception is necessarily experienced after the fact.  When I was a kid an afternoon lasted all day, and evening was a never ending event.  A trip in a car was an interminable bore because I could not realize that it would be over before I knew it.  As we age our experience changes.  When one is young, the only yardstick for a day is the one before it.  But the more days we accumulate, the more we have a standard to measure their passage.  I would imagine a 1000 year old sentient being would see the passage of the years the way we see a strobe light. 
This view of time is one reason I believe in the death penalty for murder.  To take a life when it is so rare and brief is unpardonable.  To do so for profit, for pleasure, or bloodlust calls for the immediate eradication of the killer.  To kill children is the worst crime of them all, except for treason.  I have zero regard for fools who feel that mental state, upbringing, or societal inequality is a mitigating factor for murder.
There will never be a perfect world.  Man cannot legislate paradise.  For every move on the board, an inaccuracy appears, which requires further correction, which introduces more inaccuracies.
We live in a chaos system.

(My view of the game of life is an observation by H.G.Wells, an analogy he used to explain how God might work.  God creates the board, the pieces, and the rules.  There is another player, and it is not clear whether he is there to help or hinder the game.  Every time God makes a move, his opponent (?) introduces an inaccuracy into said move.  This requires correction, which will also be hit with an inaccuracy.  I got this from "The Annotated Alice" by Martin Gardner.  Any fuck ups in the above are mine alone).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin