I Am So Sad Today








Friday I was finishing loading the car with groceries when I heard a kitten crying.  The cry was coming from a private lot, heavily overgrown with palms and live oak.  Every time I got near the cat would go quiet.  I went to the owners and got permission to look for it, but I could never find the kitten.  I went all weekend several times a day but I have not heard from the cat anymore.  I was even there today.  It breaks my heart thinking of a helpless kitten at the mercy of nature, but I am assuming the cat was dead soon after I first heard from it.  
Oh my God, this is sad.  Cats are made for loving.
Today I read that in Arlington, Tx, someone is poisoning dozens of well cared for "feral" cats.  The community along Main St. has fed and made sure these cats were vaccinated and neutered.  These are collective pets.  This is a mass poisoning and I hope this person or whatever is caught.  This is the sort of thing that reveals just how many people in our world are born without a soul.





Arlington wild cat.

  Photo by Dave Minton, of the Denton Record-Chronicle.

(Incidently, I graduated from Plano High School.  That makes me a Wildcat).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin