Supersnipe




  

Humber Supersnipe.  But this post is about another Supersnipe, Koppy McFadd, the boy with the most comics in America!




Well, this cover sums it up.  




Supersnipe was the creation of George Marcoux, who had previously assisted on "Skippy".  Skippy was an elegantly drawn and very clever comic done by Percy Crosby, who ended up in a madhouse.





Supersnipe in action.  At this point let me recommend the book that rocked my world, All In Color For A Dime, which in 1969 brought comics back to life by giving them provenance and respectability.





This ran from 1942 to 1949.




This cover was drawn by Joe Maneleey after Marcoux's death in 1946.  





Supersnipe left us in 1949, and has not been seen since.  This is where I sadly slip into my cave!





Also missing and presumed dead, Ma Hunkel, The Red Tornado.  This is an all points BOLO!




A must read.




Christmas, 1973.  I was shaking with the flu and this was from Santa.  All of a sudden comics were something to be proud of and cherished, not exactly what I had been hearing from adults and such.  Thus a life changed.  Now if only I could make money off my interests!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin