Tenggren

     





Gustav Tenggren, 1896-1970.
When I was a kid I read his Golden Books but the real kicker was his illustrations for the Arabian Nights.  I was about 8 when given that marvelous book.




And I still have it.




Sinbad introduces wine to the Old Man of the Sea.  Just look at those trees and marvel!





Sinbad just cannot stay out of trouble.




Aladdin and his evil uncle.  Why is it always the uncle?





Careful with those old lamps.




Morgana was more than a match for the forty thieves.  And hot!





Concept art for Pinocchio.  He worked alongside of Martin Provensen and many other greats.  





Are you sure you want to be real?  Watch this link and realize how terrifying even Disney could be.

https://youtu.be/pnamFerzNvw





Anthro foxes are not to be trusted.  I saw this movie when I was five or so.





Now here is a witch with accouterments.  Snow White.





Who wouldn't trust the nice old lady?





Geppeto, unless I miss my guess!





The Tawney Scrawney Lion and friends.





Why should this conversation be anything but innocuous?







Little Black Sambo and the tigers, soon to be so much melted butter.  The story takes place in India, for all you hysterical liberals out there.





 One of the best selling books of all time.





Well, you get the idea.  Now I'm off to burn my art supplies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin