Billy Dixit


(Due to the difficulty of putting these in order by time, all new posts on this sequential will be on this page)


































Today is the Fourth, and I am down on the beach with my cap and scepter of office.  I fill the position of "Village ----".  Can you guess what it is?  Earlier today, I took my last ten bucks and bought a bottle of wine for the fireworks watching.  When I opened the car door, the ---- rolled out and smashed on the ground.  Well, everyone celebrates in their own way.


https://youtu.be/JKlSVNxLB-A





The Iron Law of Internet Posting.





*OK, about the hummingbird thing.  In 1996 I was leaving for work.  I stepped into my garage, and there was a hummingbird trapped inside.  He was disoriented and kept running into the fluorescent light just over my head.  I reached over and plucked him from the air.  I took him to work in a jar and showed him to people, and then let him go.  For a week I was walking on air.  I wanted the world to know that I was the new Quetzalcoatl.  Billy D. Bunny, badass, Master of Hummingbirds!  Then I returned to my real inner self of thorns and ashes.





Here is a metaphor for the way things have always gone for me.  Huge, irrational, unlikely desires, spiced with adventure and achievement.  Standard, everyday, less than fulfilling results.  The way I feel about living on the coast in a resort town makes fishing a perfect image to illustrate wasting time.




I am loved and respected throughout my town.  Here some of the locals throw a surprise party for me!


To be continued....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin