The Prisoner



Patrick McGoohan, American born Irish actor.  Below is a clip from Braveheart, proving that age did not blunt this actor's ability to convey intelligence and ruthlessness:

https://youtu.be/4S7QARslq74


      I am a huge fan of McGoohan, primarily because of the series "The Prisoner".  That was hands down the most intelligent thing ever put on the small screen.  He wrote and produced the show.  Telling the story of a British agent who quits the service, it is a tangle of paranoia and sci/fi special effects that holds up superbly to this day.  I think he is the most intense actor I have ever seen.  He was a boxer while young, the only thing we have in common.


The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh, Disney.


John Drake, Danger Man.


Danger Man.
     I have not yet seen one episode of this, but that is going to change.  I like McGoohan because of the Prisoner, which I saw when it first aired on American TV, and boy did it blow me away.  Of course I did not understand any of it, but that was a show, that was.  It just keeps getting better.  I last saw it in the mid-eighties when Channel 13 KERA aired it.  KERA was the best PBS station in the US, and I never saw them as the wing of the Democratic Party that all PBS has become.  After all, they were the first to air Monty Python.  They were the first to glamorize bad movies, with their One Star Theater.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/meet-ron-devillier-the-dallas-tv-program-manager-who-introduced-monty-python-to-america-8947710



One of my favorite images.


To the right is the ever present functionary, a sort of butler, Angelo Muscat.  He died in poverty.  He lived in a basement flat in North London surrounded by the bird cages he made and sold.  He deserved much better.  We all do.


The fairy tale Kingdom Portmeirion, Wales.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin