Carl Barks





Here is a picture of a happy lady.  This was drawn by a man now famous for talking ducks.





Carl Barks worked at Disney for seven years as an in-betweener, which meant drawing fill in animation for the real artists.  He left to go raise chickens.





I noticed his art when I was a kid, although I had no idea who the artist was.  He was already outed as the "good" duck artist but I didn't know.  I was surprised that I liked the McDuck comics as much as I did.  I read this c. 1969 but whether it was a reprint or not I don't know. (It was a reprint, see below).





Donald, Huey, Dewie, and Louie.  Barks retired in 1966 and was replaced by the very good Don Rosa.





Disney did very little artwork as he was an idea man, but all the comics were signed with his trademark signature.  (Studio created).  These were by Western Comics Group.





He came up with a lot of great characters.





These stories were very well plotted and George Lucas says that they helped inspire Raiders of the Lost Ark, no small compliment.





Genuine drama!






This is one of his paintings.  Disney gave him a lifetime, royalty-free license to do these.  If you know anything at all about the Disney Corporation, which cheats artists out of royalties as a business model and pushes alternative lifestyles against the wishes of the people that made them who they are, then you might realize how incredible a compliment this was.  Oh, by the way, if he had not been cremated Walt would be known in the beyond as "spinning Walt".  





Still, anthropomorphic birds are just...weird.  A talking rabbit, hell, now we got a story!  Disney needs to stay on the ball.





Anyone can draw or write.  But when a person pleases everyone by doing so then I would urge all to read his stuff.

Carl Barks

1901-2000





Adieu.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin