Plano Star-Courier - August 6, 1971

My Boy Scout troop, 300, out of Plano, Texas.  They were founded in 1952.  I am the kneeling kid with the very white shirt on the front row.  Bruce Walker in the back became head of the Architecture School at the University of California, Healdsburg, and dropped dead as the age of 46, no one that knew both of us can believe I outlived him.  Mark Diggs next to me to the right is still a friend, John Pickles was English and Mr. Covey and Mr. Diggs were the greatest Scoutmasters ever.  There was no nonsense such as we have learned about the Scouts recently, none.  Mike Covey, the tall blond guy in the back became a farmer, when I was in the Marines I met him by accident on the mall after a bunch of farmers drove tractors to D. C. to protest something or the other.  I have not seen him since but I feel sure he is doing fine, I always looked up to him.  Greg Ratliff lived down the street from me, he was a very well liked person.  His father ran the Dallas Windmill Dinner Theater.  Randy Arnell was my roomate in the first apartment I ever rented.  Randy, Bruce Walker and I were all on various swim teams together.  I have lost sight of most of these guys.  How time flies.

Eagle Rank Emblem | Boy Scouts of America

1973 - Michael Covey

1973 - Kevin Golladay

1973 - Mark Diggs

 

Eagle Scouts, a very fine thing to be. 

 

I had a leadership award from Circle 10 called a Golden Acorn, that's about it.

  

Such was a hot story at that place and time. Stop the presses!

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin