Loss

 


For a Dead KittenPut the rubber mouse away,
Pick the spools up from the floor,
What was velvet shod, and gay,
Will not want them, any more.

What was warm, is strangely cold.
Whence dissolved the little breath?
How could this small body hold
So immense a thing as Death?

Sara Henderson Hay


My darling slow cat Phoebe, who loved me dearly, was savaged by pit bulls and died 30 minutes later at the vet's.  I never took a picture of her.  I wanted to take revenge but I put it aside.  I will miss her forever and my heart has a cat shaped hole in it.   The neighbor who let this happen was, is, worst than trash and her life is a nightmare she will never wake from.  
But I would rather have Phoebe back than ever so much revenge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin