Arcade


My introduction to the Furry world.  I had never seen 'funny animal' comics presented as adult fare.  Robert Crumb and his brother Charles grew up on anthro comics and it sure made an impression on them.  This irreverent take on kid's comics sure made an impression on me! 
  Here for your viewing pleasure, Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:
 
Jippo and Boopsy, Those Cute Little Bearzy-Wearzies - in - Ain't It Nice?
 







I started college that fall, to say the least this sort of thing made me unsuited for study (and Lubbock).  Oh, but I studied all right...comics!
 
 


 From Arcade # 1, Spring 1975



Arcade # 6, the immortal Kim Deitch
 

Mickey Rat, Robert Armstrong.  Arcade # 6.  This cartoon has been on my mind ever since I read it.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin