Salad Days

Animal Antics #6, January 1947.  Detective Comics. 
 
 Oh, and urine or lemon juice works just fine for secret writing.  In 1951, the company's top-of-the-line "Chemcraft Master Laboratory" set retailed for $27.50 (equivalent to $287 in 2021) and contained, among other things, radioactive uranium ore.  I had one of these c. 1966, unfortunately my pet rabbit Billy set fire to a sink and blew a large hole through the garage wall after mixing powdered sugar and aluminum dust with ammonium nitrate next to a lit alcohol lamp.  Billy vanished before dad showed up and I believe that everyone thinks I lied about that, I lied all the time but that particular explosion and subsequent house fire was my bunny's fault, it really was.  I got spanked and sent to bed without dinner and somewhere we still have a letter from the Marine Corps stating it was very patriotic of my dad to volunteer my services for defusing mines around Đồng Nai Province but that I was too young, he should try again when I reached 10 or so.
  That was before recruitment standards loosened up.  
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin