Aesop For Americans - Part Two

I was strapped into the fighting chair and the big marlin still damn near pulled me overboard.  Roy, my fishing guide, told me to loosen the drag but before I could do so the line snapped.  'Aw, hell, Roy', I said, 'that's enough for today.  Let's go in'.  We drank cold beer on the war back to the harbor.  'Sorry you lost that one, Paul, sure looked like a winner'.  I finished my beer and stared at the water.  'It's alright, Roy', I replied, 'that one was diseased and stunted'. 
I didn't spend all this money to catch some punk ass fish, that's for sure.

Moral:
Nothing is ever my fault.  Ever.
 
Woodcut by Boris Artzybasheff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin