Cat On The Roof







We're all mad here!


 So all day I have been hearing a cat cry in distress.  The noise was coming from the house across the way, and I went over there three times today and searched for the cat.  Tonight I was sitting outside thinking about  my dead cats and the obvious distress of the cat over there was bothering me a great deal.  I go back over and looked around, when, finally, I cast my eyes heavenward and, sure enough, there is a cat with a collar in a hav-a-heart trap on the roof.  It had been there all day in our horrible wet heat and in the sun.  I called the cops and they said they would have someone right out.  After twenty minutes, they called me back and said they could not legally do anything.  I said if they did not I would, jail or no jail.  The dispatcher said if I was comfortable with that go ahead.   I hung up and got a ladder and got the cat down.  It was a young tabby that looked just like my cat Stonewall Jackson.  He was purring away and I took the ladder and went home.  I decided not to disable the trap (that means destroy) and left it like that.  There was a can of cat food in the cage and the people were obviously, I guess obviously, trying to get a raccoon or something.
     Some people are born for adventure, others have it thrust upon them.



(I have no idea who did this artwork, but they should be very proud of themselves)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin