Kurt Wiese









I rather doubt it.





 Felix Salten wrote a book before Bambi called "The Life Story of a Viennese Whore.  Disney paid him just 5 grand for Bambi, and the Nazis hated and burned it, as they thought it was metaphorical and to their detriment.  Since Bambi was published in 1921 and the fun boys did not get power until 12 years later, one wonders what they were upset about.  Fucking wankers.
Bambi was translated into English by Whittaker Chambers in1929.





Twenty Two Bears.




Happy Easter.




I loved this as a kid. 




Happy Easter again.





Oh mama dear look here look here





Alas, what was once high adventure is now murder.  But Bob Clifton, Flaming Asshole, probably would not do so well at the box office.
(To be fair, Wilbur Owings "Dock" Hogue was the primary OSS man on the ground in the Congo during the war, and he was there to keep Nazi hands off the super rich uranium).





Honk The Moose.





Freddy and the Flying Saucer Plans.





Paddy's Christmas




This guy is good.  I would rather have the Caldecott Medal than any other honor.

(Wiese was a Caldecott Honor Medal, 1946,  He lost out to the Petershams for "The Rooster Crows".  His was "You Can Write Chinese", aforementioned.





From The Rooster Crows, A Book Of American Rhymes And Jingles.  I assume the war affected the committees judgement.  Maude and Miska Petersham, 1946.





I was talking to Heywulf on FurAffinity and he mentioned Freddy the Pig.  I had never heard of him, but I sure knew the illustrator.  Our library here in " Innsmouth by the Gulf " does not have Freddy, but I will find and read it.  All of them.  It seems I missed out on another series when I was a kid.  That is what comes of being blinded by Narnia!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin