The Provensens




Martin and Alice Provensen.  I have already mentioned them several times on this blog, as they were the ones who illustrated The Giant Golden Book of the Iliad and the Odyssey, which had such a big impact on me as a child.






And I do mean impact.





But in the early fifties, they did this.  Familiar? 



A very distinctive style.





Voiced by this man, Thurl Ravenscroft. 





Katy the Kangaroo.  There was also Elmo the Elephant and Newt the Gnu and Zeke the Zebra.  I cannot find pics of any of these.  Is it just me or does this fucking kangaroo look like something out of the Children's Thematic Apperception Test? 





Children's Thematic Apperception Test.  Freaky!





No matter.  Tony is still Grrrr-eat!


(All sites credit Martin Provensen with the design.  They always worked together so I mentioned them in tandem, like).

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin