Le Chat Noir



Theophile Steinlen, Tour of the Chat Noir.  My favorite cat drawing and one of the best known posters of all time.  Superior.  And now for some variations-





No idea who did this.  Nice.





1961, Escher Grelijn.





Matt Groening.





Oh, my! Harantula.





Chat Noir, from Ladybug and Chat Noir.

I cannot decide what is the gayest thing about this is, mon amis.  The Bell? The Tail? The Pose?  The Costume?  The Ears?  The Cartoon?  The Haircut?  The Concept?  When I first posted this I had no idea this was from a bad animated cartoon.  If it is thought that my judgement is harsh then take a look at all the fan art out there.




Bill Watterson.






I hardly need to speak of this.






Very nice.





Excellent.





Elegant.






Couldn't agree more.






Now this is good.  RochVan.






Delightful.  An evoli is some kind of Pokemon but I still like this.





I really like this.  I cannot find the artist.





Disney gets into the act.






Another advertisement.  This place is considered the first cabaret.







Life imitates art!




When I started this photo essay I had no idea how well known this image is.  I chose it because it is my favorite cat ever depicted.






Eden Gallery, Ransom and Mitchell.






Steinlen on the left.






Getting off track now.  Mekhalive.  Well, you get my general drift.  I am not the only person who thinks that this is an awesome picture.  And, in honor of today, one more-





To one and all!



My beloved Jinjur, 2002


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin