Death And Springtime






Putting Mingo to sleep when he got sick was not a hard choice to make.  It is hard living with that choice.  I loved him very much and I will always miss him, as I miss all my loved ones.
It is lovely outside, I am facing Little Bay as I write, and it is all over sailboats and watercraft.  
The seasons used to last forever.  All possibilities were endless.  The day would last, well, all day.  But I was never happy.  I take refuge in my drawings of talking animals, and even I realize that I am not up to the mark.
I read a lot but nothing like I used to.  Adventure is no fun if you are aware that you could never join in on it.  Without dreams life is dull and arid.
Yet I walk outside and it is so nice to have such weather.  
I think often of the koan of the man hanging from a cliff with a tiger on the ground above him.  He is beginning to fall when he sees a strawberry in front of him.  He eats it.




Tiger.




Cliff.




Strawberry.

Life is to be enjoyed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin