Animal Snap





This lovely anthro ferret is from Animal Snap, probably by Spears.





I referenced this one in my micro-essay on the name "Billy Bunny".  This artwork is out of hand!





Terrific.





All fun and innocence.  One would almost think disparate species like each other, just like we do!





1940's, guess who?





Russell Manufacturing, Lieceter Massachusetts.  1940's, as are the above Disney cards.  These are miniatures.





Maybe Spears, maybe 1940's or so.  The artist is superior.





Whitman was the publishing house that dominated my childhood.





Adorable.




Why is he sad?  Maybe the mouse can help.  A throne, a cane, a pipe, a lion.  Even the mightiest symbols might need a boost from time to time.  Suggestive of an old authority gone lame.  This is one fucked up analysis tool.




What is the little one being told to do, and why are people talking behind his back?





  Are we fleeing the house or seeking refuge in it?




Let me help!





It's a bigger world than you kiddies realize.





I'll be good next time, Mommy.



I ran out of Snap Card pics, so I went straight for the subconscious.  The validity of the above test is only as good as the validity of psychiatry itself.





These cards are so lively and well drawn.  I sure would like to find the artist.  Strange how anthro animals have been around for so long and it took the furry movement for people to start questioning our delight in talking animals.  Usually furries are better looking then humans so far more intriguing to read and draw.  I mean, Walt figured that out over 90 years ago and it is just now news?  Well, fellow tails, and it is good night I'll be saying now!




Pleasant dreams.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin