Keep Drawing And Dread Nought!







My brother, Graffo, drew this excellent and cheerful picture, perfect for the lovely if warm day we are having here.  He thinks it is derivative, and I looked at it and said "Crumb"?  and he said "yeah".
True story!





I think he is referring to this, The Cute Little Bearsie Wearsies, which I think we read about 1976.  Little did I realize how this planted the idea of foul mouthed anthro animals who engage in adult behavior into my consciousness.  
Robert Crumb is just the best, top of the heap, a world class cartoonist, sex maniac, and stunningly talented fine artist.  Both of us are influenced by Crumb but also by hundreds of others!  But, as I often tell my brother and anyone else in the bar -
Good artists borrow.  Great ones steal!





What a glorious day to be alive.  Seize your dream,





...and fear nothing.


(The excellent cat drawing is the best early Robert Crumb drawing I have seen.  The ship above is the HMS Dreadnought, a class of battlewagons that changed naval warfare forever.  The only Dreadnought class ship left is the USS Texas moored at the San Jacinto battlefield.  The only battleship ever sunk by American forces was the Kirishima, blasted to hell by the 16" guns of the USS Washington, two 9 round salvos that hit time on target during the Naval Battle of Guadalcanal.  Notice how easily I can get on a tangent and start writing about high explosives and vaporized electro/chemical jelly).


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Kirishima
 



Keep on rockin'!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin