Some Western Art From N. C.


Gunfight, 1916.


Hands Up!, 1906.


Hickock At Cards, 1916.


Roping Horses At The Corral, 1904.


The James Brothers In Missouri


The Last Stand


The Tomahawk


The Great Train Robbery, 1912


Behind Simpson's Dead Mule Barricade, 1916


An Indian War Party, 1925.


The Virtue Of Niels Hansen, 1914


The Water Burial, 1906.


Newll Convers Wyeth, 1882 - 1945.  After a few months study under the masterful Howard Pyle, he sold his first illustration for the cover of the Saturday Evening Post in 1903, he was 20.  N. C.  completed over 4000 painting in his lifetime.  Died in a collision with a train in 1945, his 4 year old grandson died with him.

https://youtu.be/I7TK2Ro2bdM

A more kinetic version of this artistic genre courtesy of Joel and Ethan Coen.  


Comments

  1. Cool -- I didn't know that N.C. did so much Western-themed stuff. I also don't know much about his personal life, but I could rattle off a long list of extraordinary talents who were less than admirable people. For some reason, I think artists should be moral paragons, but I guess they're like everyone else...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Artists as moral paragons? Maybe in Maine! Like, I'm so sure!

      Delete
  2. Nah, they're jerks up here, too. I won't name names, because some of them are still alive...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin