The First Movie I Went To By Myself


1975.  I drove our old Mercury station wagon to a dollar cinema and watched Hard Times, one of the best movies I have ever seen.  Up until that time I had never gone to a flick alone.  Now I will not go with anyone except my brother.  The next movie I saw a week after that was Open Season, with William Holden and Peter Fonda, and it was about as heartless and cold as a well made movie can get.  This is Robert Tessier as Jim Henry.  The drawing was overerased and I ruined it, but I was starting to come up with better furry stuff and I think this is good.  Although Mr. Tessier was one of the baldest men you have ever seen in a whup ass movie, I thought he would be at home in a wolf fursona.


You can see my point.  Robert Tessier was a great mega tough guy actor, doing a lot of cheap movies, then he worked his way up to go to indispensable bad motherfucker.  Watch the Born Losers, Billy Jack's first outing, and see what I mean about this.  What fun he must have had! He was an intelligent and brave man.  Handsome, too! (like I stated recently, it is far better for a man to look terrifying then beautiful).  He got a Silver Star in Korea as a paratrooper.  
While my drawing looks nothing like him, I think it hits the nail on the head.  Sometimes even I do good!


As 'Cueball' in The Born Losers.  His gravestone says nothing about his acting career.  Died at 56 of cancer.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin