My Kind Of Woman


It was a night like any other, then she walked into my life. A classy dame with plenty of oomph, I was head over heels. I wanted her bad, I couldn't live without her.  If I was smart, I would have walked away right then and there.  I knew her name the moment we met - Trouble.  But trouble is my business, and this cookie had it in spades.  I fell for her and I fell hard.  To make a long story short, I made my play and she made her's. The world was mine, and now I'd trade it all for everything to be back the way it was. You know, Padre,... some guys are born patsies and others have it thrust upon them. I guess I'm both. And...tell the warden he was good to me, better than I deserve.  She got what was coming to her and now I'm getting mine. Tell the boys back home Johnny died game, wilya?

Outstanding picture by the incredible artist Flapper Foxy.

FlapperFoxy's avatar

https://www.deviantart.com/flapperfoxy 

Text pretty much stolen from James Cain and Dashiell Hammet.


What the hell...cave paintings are derivative.

"I first heard Personville called Poisonville by a red-haired mucker named Hickey Dewey in the Big Ship in Butte.  He also called his shirt a shoit.  I didn't think anything of what he had done to the city's name.  Later I heard men who could manage their r's give it the same pronunciation.  I still didn't see anything in it but the meaningless sort of humor that used to make richardsnary the thieves' word for dictionary.  A few years later I went to Personville and learned better".
 
Dashiell Hammett, opening sentences of Red Harvest, 1929. 


Straighten up and fly right, kiddos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin