And The Winner For Best Halloween Movie Of My Youth Is....






William Castle's 1959 low budget masterpiece.  It made a fortune.  The house in the poster looks nothing like the actual house used for the exteriors, the 1924 Ennis house in Los Feliz, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.  Hitchcock made "Psycho" as a low budget movie after being inspired by this.





Extensively used for movies, including Blade Runner.




Filmed in Emergo.  That is a balloon with a skeleton popping out of the screen.  All these were destroyed by boys with slingshots.  Fuckin'A!




Over the top camp masterpiece!




My favorite actor.




Elisha Cook!  Hell, now we got a movie.  Popcorn, please!





Not to be confused with that other masterpiece of horror, Hill House.  Get it straight!





Bet your bottom dollar I do!  Back in the day these movies worked for me because I was young and naive.   I mean, this house even had a vat of acid in the basement, how cool was that?  I don't get the same thrill watching these anymore but I sure remember staying up late and being scared to death.  And eating candy by the handful!




I sang in my chains like the sea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin