Anthro!







Anthro comics, DC.  Art and concept Howie Post, who drew "The Drop-outs", a strip I remember reading as a kid.  This is about the first boy born to Neanderthals to be a Cro-Magnon.   6 issues.  The character is still in use.  Comics were ubiquitous when I was a kid, a kaleidoscope of color in  convenience stores everywhere.  I now see that I was buying comics at 12c  a pop.  Seems like ages ago.






The art is good, no doubt about it.  But whatever is going on does not blow my skirt up.





This was a social commentary strip packaged for the annoyed at change middle class.  Selling a strip is hard enough, big hand for Howie getting it published.
But it does suck, and how.





Oh, my.  I guess if you read this at all the newspaper was happy.





But what's this?  Why, it is a 1947 Presto Pete outstanding anthro rabbit, and anthro rabbits is what this site is about!




This is great stuff!





One more.





Excellent.





Prize Comics, Wonderland # 2.  1945.  His first published work.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Post





 I'm green with envy, and this guy is not even at the top!  Still, to get paid to draw comics At All is a great accomplishment, and to have a strip run for 13 years is bad ass.
Howie, we hardly knew you.  Farewell.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin