Blunder Bunny

I have had a furry drawing, of a strange-o rabbit, on the desk for a week and I can't summon the slightest interest in doing even a small amount of work.  I hate the picture and most everything I have ever done and I wish I could get a do over, life wise.  Maybe I can have it up on here tomorrow.  In the meantime, let's look at Blunder Bunny and his Friends!


Alkali Ike, Oatsie, and Oasis Joe.  Probably by Dan Gordon.
 


Terrific artwork.


This is the standard Blunder Bunny plot.  Before I started trying to draw anthros I had no idea how hard this type of work is.  Much talent in the art department.  I guess the writer knew the whole thing was doomed from the start and probably rarely showed up sober, if at all.


Normally I would call this horror something vulgar and move on.  But it is exuberant, and it is well drawn.  Disney and Warner's had the talking animal concession anyway. 


Notice that Blunder is on the film strip along the spine.  "All Reet" was jazz for "all right".  Thelonius Monk gets the online credit.  Be sure to read "Fondly Fahrenheit" by Alfred Bester to experience the real feel!



Puss N' Boots.


Pure sadism.


Ha ha, what a god damn riot this cover is.  This is by Dan Gordon or Bob Wickersham.










You get the idea.


You cannot be serious.  Even funny animal comics have to be logical.


So long, Blunder, we hardly knew ya.
 

Comments

  1. I don't know, man...research is all very well and good, but don't you think some things are best left forgotten?
    (says the guy reading about Gilles de Rais)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, some things are best left forgotten. But not Blunder Bunny!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin