William Stout









I have liked Mr. Stout for decades.  He is a major talent.  I have this comic from my defining year of being young with all things possible in front of me-


This was funny then, and now.


Memorable.


Fond of the classics.


Versatile.


The check's in the mail and I love you too.


Siegfried and the Bear.


Siegfried and Fafnir.


You had to have been there.


Wizards poster, 1977.  This flawed but very entertaining movie lifts a lot from Vaugn Bode for the design, this is the killer android Necron 99.  He more than resembles this guy-


Vaugn Bode's Cobalt 60.  Ralph Bakshi and Bode were friends.


I am no fan of Swamp Thing, to say the least.  But great artwork trumps subject every time. This is really tremendous.


Mr. Stout sure is an outstanding artist.  This is as good as anything to close with.  What matters in comic art is immediacy above all else, and here is a perfect example of that quality.
Maybe I should try harder.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin