My Saturday Night Was So Much Fun!






In which I pop a string and am very annoyed.  The nearest replacements are in Corpus, and that is a long drive for just one string.  I guess I will lay in a supply.
The beauty of electric guitars is the sound.  Even without much skill, it is so rewarding to discover effects and chords.  And when I get impatient, as I am born to do, I think of Carl Perkins with his cigar box instrument he would learn on after his sharecropping chores with his father, or B. B. King with his strand of fence wire strung between two nails on a wall.  No, my only problem is lack of trying harder.  I found a great western embossed guitar strap, just lovely, at a thrift yesterday for two dollars.  It is perfect for my old acoustic.
The drawing today shows a hell of a lot of Marvel Comics influence, and with good reason.  The pose is that of, say, the Red Skull announcing his plans right before Captain America shuts them down.  (See Kirby, Jack).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin