Halloween 1991





My brother and I were driving around San Antonio when I saw this woman.  I was holding a camera loaded with Tri-X pan, ASA 400.  I had the shutter set about 1/30th of a second.  As we drove by her, I focused on her and moved the camera when I snapped the shot in order to keep her image sharp.  It was a crisp and cloudy day.  This is the best picture I have ever taken.  I used to call it "Who are we?  Where are we going?  What are we doing here"?  but this was a little too obvious and could be regarded as plagiarism.  
Now it looks too me like she is looking into the future and can see that the wind is rising.  A cold, dry, furious wind back lit by the red light of a dying sun.  But what does that matter to humans?  The mutated virus that escaped from that biowep lab, no one knows whose, swept through all borders and obliterated most chordata.  The only mammals left are the animal/human grafts and it will take millions of years for intelligence to re-appear, if at all.  All future cultures will have their stories of rabbits that could fly and machines that could think.  We have our flood myths, they will have theirs.  To say the least none of this concerns us!

**********************

" It's no go my honey dove

It's no go my poppet.

Work your hands from day to day and the wind will blow the profit.

The glass is falling hour by hour,

The glass will fall forever.

But if you break the bloody glass

You won't hold up the weather ".

Louis MacNeice

Bagpipe Music



There's a big storm coming.





Awesome Photo by Tommy Davis

There will come soft rains and the smell of the ground, 
And swallows circling with their shimmering sound;

And frogs in the pools singing at night,
And wild plum trees in tremulous white,

Robins will wear their feathery fire
Whistling their whims on a low fence-wire;

And not one will know of the war, not one
Will care at last when it is done.

Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree
If mankind perished utterly;

And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn,
Would scarcely know that we were gone.  
 Sara Teasdale

Subtlety is not my forte!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin