Fabulous!







I love belts and boots.  The jeweled belt in this drawing is not quite the image of the original belt.  The clasp is from an Italian lady's belt, and is based on a gladius parade belt.  A gladius is the Roman short sword so many became familiar with.  I found out that it is much cheaper to rip apart used belts than to buy said furniture from Tandy or someone.  Women's belts have great bling.
After I drew this, I took the belt apart and remade it.  I am not great with leatherwork but I am good with durability.  I consider great leatherwork the stuff you see on good saddles.


Mexican Parade Saddle

 The jewels were glass, and while they looked good I thought they also looked cheap.  The belt itself was a heavy black leather thing, very wide, and it got so worn by all the holes I put in it that I threw it away and remade the entire thing.  I used a brand-new Bianchi gun belt, black nylon, that I bought for three dollars at a thrift that did not know what they had.  Now the belt surface is nearly all metal, and it is adjustable.
I made these things because jewelry for men should emphasize our good qualities, such as muscle and poise.  These belts are designed to look great and rev up sex appeal.  They would probably look best over well fitting scandalously skimpy underwear if one has the body for it. 
Of course you might want to invest in a pair of really good riding boots for the full effect, I did.  I have always thought of chaps as work clothing, not play wear.  As always, some get away with what others cannot.  Ditto vests and leather hats, far too S&M for my taste. Material should enhance a male's looks, not be worn as a fetish.  Of course I condemn nothing, whatever works for you is fine by me.
These jeans were skintight and slightly elastic, I have never found another pair quite like them.  I had and have the legs for them and they really worked with high boots.  Of course I wore them out by constant use and because I destroy things by carelessness and indifference.
I do not divide or label anything as gay or macho.  What looks best on you is your decision.  I regard leather as an accessory to emphasize one's body.  And you cannot have too high a quality in your leather. (or too raggy a t-shirt).
Now I only wear these belts over a coat in the winter, and only sometimes.  I am not in the correct setting for looking great, this is regarded as suspect around here.  In Austin no one noticed me.
I see no reason not to dress like I am on stage whether I am or not.













This is before I re-worked it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin