Early Furly



     The best day (and night) of my teenage life.  She was lithe, beautiful and highly intelligent.  I was at the height of young self confidence without two brain cells to rub together. An absolutely perfect combination.  


Barewolf.  Remember, I draw my critters the way I wish I looked.


Dien Bien Phu, 1954.


Bunny Love, 2012.


Bunny Love.


Two rabbits in love attacked by a werewolf, I lacked the skill to finish this.  2012.


My contribution to the Vietnam debacle.  Us kids were barely aware of it, I never watched the news as I was outside as much as possible.  I loved war movies and was convinced that anything the American nation did was ipso facto noble and justified.


2013.  The best day of my life.


October 15 1946 Landsberg prison.  A game of basketball is faked to conceal the noise of the gallows being erected for the major Nazis sentenced to death.  Early in the morning, only an hour or so before his hanging, Hermann Goering removes a glass container from a cut-down rifle cartridge, places it in his teeth and bites down.  This in full view of the guard.  No one has any idea where he got the poison from.  Several people have confessed to giving it to him but they have all been proven liars.  An American officer (Lt. Jack Wheelis) has been accused of procuring the poison for Goering with slightly more probability but this is not proven and the case is weak.  ("The Mystery of Herman Goering's Suicide", Ben Swearingen).
     Goering, a person of proven bravery and very great leadership ability, was a moral coward who was the one person who could have removed Hitler and ended the war.  He also signed the final solution order given to Reinhardt Heydrich, on anybody's short list of most evil man ever.  Other than the extermination of the Jewish people, his greatest crime was telling the Fuhrer that he could resupply doomed Sixth Army from the air.  His own soldiers should have been allowed to hang his fat ass.
     Goering was a charming person of education and taste.  When he became marginalized during the course of the war he spent his time looting Europe of artwork.  That does not make him stupid.  What a waste of talent and ability.  He certainly could have done better than he did.


Here I am trying to convince my cat Thomas Jonathan Jackson, aka "Stoney", to drop another fence lizard.  He is my mightiest hunter, and is wiping out the lizards.  When I moved here, there were few cats and none in my pasture.  Fence lizards look like horny toads with long tails.  I enjoy watching them and do not like them being killed.  I can always tell when Stoney has one by his over casual saunter as he heads under the trailer for a lizard session.  I can get the lizard about half the times that I see this going on.  However, eviscerated reptiles are a daily affair.


White Heat, 1949.

https://youtu.be/OjzKiEs_pHI


Woundwort and Bigwig, Watership Down.


Boy, did I have a problem with drawing tails.  2013.


Nothing hotter that shorts and saddle shoes.


1982.


     On my journey to enlightenment, I have come to the gates of Horn and Ivory.  The demons guarding them are absolutes, one alway  lies, the other always tells the truth.  As I arrive they are having a dispute.  It turns out that I may have to wait for admittance.


In my dream last night, I was taken to a clifftop and shown the entire world, bright blue and dazzling in it's beauty.  My guide would only identify himself as a light bringer.  If only I would just bow to him then I could be master of all I saw.  I kept asking him his name but he refused to tell me and finally told me that he was an adversary.
     "After all, in a game you must have an adversary to play, yes?"  But this made me nervous and I decided that anyone who would offer so much to someone like me must have unlimited resources.  That would mean that giving, whatever, to me meant that it was nothing to them.  Nothing.  That is what such an offer would be and I refused.  He snarled and pushed me off the cliff and, terrified, I woke up.
     Just because I know what I am worth does not mean that I have no pride.


Wow!  What a bunny!


Damocles, 2013.

That's enough for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin