Found Fiddler Follies


     While I was having hangover coffee on the back porch, this lusty fellow was walking across the grass.  I have never seen a Fiddler Crab here, and he was yards from the water.  He is probably more scared of me than I him, but as you can see he ain't laying down without a fight!


I tried handing him a paring knife but he kept swatting it away.  Best that I did not get involved any further, those are impressive claws.  Godspeed, Mister Crab.*

*At five I was on the back porch and Blue Boy was on the slab, he had been hiding among the elephant ears.  After much pushing and bullying with a broom, I got him into a bucket and took him to the water.  He scooted off, seemed quite at home.  At least now he is presumably as safe as a big fiddler can get.


Exit, stage left!*

*This is a stone crab.  When caught, the big claw is broken off and the crab thrown back.  This keeps the population of them up, although I think it kinda rough on the crab.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin