A Few More Things









I found this today for 60 cents.  Cheap newsprint, the only flaw is where I turned the first page and ripped it a tad.  Conkey and Co. 1903.  The red binding tape is original.  Superb condition, excellent artwork which appears to have been cribbed from Dore.  1903.  The only one I could find for sale was about 18 bucks, more than I expected.








Cartoon pig with wheelbarrow, Shawnee Pottery.  Shawnee bought the American Encaustic Tile Company, founded 1875, in Zanesville, Ohio, in 1936,  They produced ceramics until 1961.  There a number of ceramics companies in that area of Ohio.  This guy is flawless.






Carnival glass bowl.  Orange with iridescent layer.  I have no idea about when this stuff was made, only that what was once cheap is now overpriced.







Porcelain slip cougar, exquisite modeling.  Marked Aldon Accessories LTC, 1973,
 N Y C.  These are fairly common on the web.  I sent this to an Fur Affinity artist with the necklace as a housewarming present but she gave me a non-existent address.  I am so tired of people thinking I am going to stalk them or otherwise take advantage.  She could have at least saved me the trouble and expense of mailing this.  She is an excellent artist but I think that was inconsiderate.






I like to give good gifts as I love surprising people and making them happy if just for a few.  Why someone would want to waste my time is beyond me.  Well, no more.  The necklace was a lagniappe just to amp up the present.







Die cast '57 Vette by Maisto, One dollar.  Always check the toy section, most thrift stores do not know the difference between a model and a toy.  15- 35 books on the internet.







Sweet.






Kliban influenced ceramic cat, a present from my mom.  The Chinese bowl I got years ago but that is all I know about it. 







I paid 60 dollars for the heavy green layered glass vases up top, about 25 years ago when that was not much to me.  The two blue decanters were 2 dollars each at a Goodwill near me about 2004.  I think an employee priced them so low so a friend could buy them but things went wrong and I got there first.  I know that is what happened.  I don't like Goodwill, but I hate theft.  That is what you get by allowing community service people to work in your bullshit charity store.  Goodwill is not a charity but a for profit company that gets their inventory free.  They are usually overpriced and poorly run, and always dirty.  But the bargains can be found, as above.  The mirror is reflecting a bizarre Diego Rivera painting that is not at all what it purports to be.








Some of my mom's cookie jars.








 A Furby I bought new when they were all the rage.  I set it to talking and the dog went bonkers.  Funny!  Hasn't been opened since.








The kitchen clock.  I have posted on this guy before but I was taking pictures in there, and, well, here he is again.  I like his style.






And Mischa takes no guff when she struts her stuff.
I delight in whimsy and superior craftsmanship.  These were just some things around the house.  And Mischa is all over the house, a one kitty whirlwind of destruction.  How I love her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin