Bizarre


Because I had noticed raccoon scat on the roof, I started drawing this showing me removing the body of a raccoon.  I gave up on it and just colorized the bunny.  I wasn't even going to post it when something happened this morning.  I went to my smoking window and looked out and there was this:


At first I thought it was Mingo and was getting ready to haul his delinquent ass in for some wall to wall counseling when the animal turned and looked at me and I saw the mask.  He was hyperventilating and I figured him for distemper or worse.  I called animal control, and when the officer got here this is what that fucking raccoon did:


He sat up and looked at both of us.  The officer said that he was young and probably overheated and thirsty.  I apologized for wasting their time but delighted that he was not going to die under my window.  I like raccoons but lord almighty they can be destructive.  I got a good look at his hands and he had four fingers and almost an opposable thumb.  My brother remarked that in a thousand years they would be stealing cars and packing heat.


I put out water and cat food but he had had enough attention for the day and slipped away over the rooftops.  We have three different roof levels so "tops" is correct.
Anyway, I drew a picture of something that almost happened.
This is a true story.


Not long from now.  Alas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin