Five Twenty Two



In less than an hour I turn 59.  Never have I felt the icy wind of age as bad as today.  From an abstraction, the grave is becoming a destination in sight.  Living as I do in a town with an elderly population I see myself everytime I go to the grocery store, when I watch young people, when I stare out over the Gulf.  If I had only, if I had just known, why did I not....






These buildings were new, once.  These people were the lords of creation.  But speaking of new or old is like labeling individual waves.  I don't think time ever begins or ends.  While time travel is probably impossible, chronoscopy will finally make history an exact science.  We may be able to communicate with others very far away in time and space.
But that does not change my situation.








In death, an organism contributes to life.  Yet we encase our dead in boxes that deny the return of minerals and microbes to usefulness, at least for a very long time.  I have no children, only a metaphor as I do not think the world will be better off with my genetics adrift in it.  At least cremation adds calcium to the world.







Behold the Sea of Fertility.  I shall not return here because I never left.







Amber carved skull with insect inclusion.  This loops around to my view of time.  Terrific visual for this post.






Tollund Man.

But where, again, shall we chance to meet- flame, earth, stone or peat?






Oh, cheer up, sweetie.  After all, at least you had this.  The amount of nothing that has not lived is infinite.  You were one of the winners!






I accept it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin