The Finest Thing I Own


This is a poorly photographed B. C. Rich Mockingbird. B. C. Rich was popular in the eighties, and the Warlock is really cool looking.  Very metal, but I like them, and I am rockabilly born and bred!  I bought it for 60 dollars 4 years ago when I needed a back up guitar.  I had no idea what I was doing.  It is a stop tail bridge design, and it was really beat up.  My friend Ed Rodriguez, head finish man at Collings Guitars, took it away from me and turned it into a thing of beauty.  This is a color shift red paint job, and this photo does not do this credit.  He milled it, plugged and redrilled the bridge, and knocked the dents out.  This is a 1700 dollar paint job on a 400 dollar guitar.  
This is the greatest gift I have ever been given, and my prize possession.  I would go into the hottest burning building to save it.  Only my cats rate above that.  Would that I could play it like it deserves.



 Warlock.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin