Skip Williamson






Skip Williamson

August 19th, 1944  -  March 16th 2017


When I first started reading underground comics when I was 15 this guy was one of the first artists to wow me.  I originally read his stuff while sick with the flu Christmas, 1972. My mom gave me Les Daniels book Comix and that blew my young mind.





This sort of thing did nothing to improve my grades.





There was a lot of this.





Snappy Sammy Smoot, portrayed by Carl Reiner on Laugh-In.





All this does not mean I always agreed with him, to say the least.





Skip and Jay Lynch.  Jay died on the 5th, 12 days ago.





I loved Arcade, but I only have one or two left.  Fuck! Cover by Jay Lynch.  He also did the Garbage Pail kids, which is selling out with a vengeance!





Goodbye, Mr. Williamson.  Another part of my youth dies.





Another American Icon down.   At least Clint Eastwood still lives!







Hang in there, Baby.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin