Last Night's Dream


I stood on a precipice, and below it was the total abnegation of self.  Leap into giving up.  Art and music are not for you.  You are running out of time, why continue?  The moon in it's feline aspect approves of this action, he hates me.  I also misdrew him and that does not help.  Then Monster broke the rules and crossed the bridge and appeared in my hands.  No, he purred, keep trying.  I miss him so much, he stayed with me until I woke up a few seconds later.  The moon has always blamed me for Monster's murder, it happened on his watch.  I guess I will keep trying.
For now.


It sure was good to hold you again. You showed up one day in the pasture, skinny and demanding to be fed.  We has six years of love, and never a cross moment with each other.  When the time came that I had to make the call, I thought I would die of sorrow.  Disport with joy in your new fields, and then I shall come and we will cross the bridge together, all of us. You were, and will be again, my joy in life.


Ah, love, let us be true

 To one another! For the world, which seems,

To lie before us like a land of dreams,

So various, so beautiful, so new,

Hath neither joy, nor love, nor light,

Nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain,

And here we are as on a darkling plain.

Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,

Where ignorant armies clash by night.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Angel Forms Were Seen To Glide

Where In The World Is Billy D Bunny?

Two Sides Of The Same Coin